In the words of Samuel Zwemer, known as the Apostle to Islam, “If you want to do the most difficult task in the world, but the most rewarding, work with Muslims.”
In an area spanning 22 nations from Morocco to Oman lies the home of 407 million people, 95% of whom have never heard about Jesus. Within this region is the birthplace of Islam, making its inhabitants very resistant to the gospel. The desert climates, continual wars, persecution, and other hardships make it all the more difficult for Christian workers to share the truth of Jesus in this area.
And yet, in an area that seems so hostile to the gospel, Muslims are coming to Jesus. They are having dreams and visions. They are encountering the Word of God through social media and technology. The Lord is truly moving among Arab Muslims like never before, making himself known to a people in desperate need of him.
- Pray for more laborers to choose to leave the comforts of home to live among Arab Muslims with to share the truth with those in their new community.
- Pray for Muslims to have encounters with Jesus through dreams and visions.
- Pray for whole families to come to a saving knowledge of Christ.
- Pray for strength and joy through persecution.
- Pray for healthy churches of believers from a Muslim background to be planted throughout the Arab World.
- Pray that the message of Jesus would be accessible to all Muslims in the Arab World and for Christian workers to be creative and divinely inspired as they use technology to reach those who have never heard.
- Pray that Jesus would be glorified in the Arab World.